We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Carriage according to GGBefG
- Transport within the meaning of the Act on the Transport of Dangerous Goods includes not only the process of changing location, but also the acceptance and delivery of the goods as well as temporary stops in the course of the transport, preparatory and final activities (packing and unpacking goods, loading and unloading), even if these actions are not carried out by the carrier.
- A temporary stay in the course of the transport occurs if dangerous goods are temporarily parked for a change in the type of transport or the means of transport (handling) or for other reasons related to transport. On request, transport documents are to be presented from which the place of dispatch and receipt can be determined. If the consignment is not unloaded after delivery, the provision of the load to the recipient for unloading counts as the end of the transport. Packages, tank containers, tanks and tank wagons must not be opened during the temporary stay.
These transport documents required for the transport of dangerous goods must be given and included by the sender
- Name and address of the recipient and
- including the name of the property
- the identification number of the substance,
- the hazard class,
- the number of the list of substances and, if applicable, the letter, as well
- the capital letters GGVS1).
- In addition, information on the quantity and type of packaging.
For what to do in the event of accidents and incidents that may occur during the transport, the driver may have to carry accident information sheets with him. If the transport volume exceeds certain limits, the transport vehicle must be marked with orange warning signs at the front and rear.
Special emphasis is placed on the training of people who handle dangerous goods. For this purpose, the drivers are first theoretically trained in a basic course, which is followed by special instructions for the various transport vehicles. This training must be repeated every five years.